TRAVEL PERMIT and Parent's consent forms for travel TO AFGHANISTAN 

Afghans who (1) are citizens of Australia, New Zealand and other countries, (2) were born outside Afghanistan and (3) do NOT have an Afghan Passport, need to obtain a Travel Permit Letter before traveling to Afghanistan.

Please read the following information and instructions carefully. ALL document copies should be attested (attesting the copy as the original only) by the JUSTICE OF PEACE before sending them to the Embassy.

  • Note: The following applicant do not need to obtain Travel Permit:
  • If the applicant's place of the birth on his/her passport is Afghanistan
  • If the applicant is holding an Afghan Tazkira
  • If the applicant is holding an Afghan Passport

All the applicants shall carefully read the following instructions and information and apply accordingly:

  • Appointment. There is NO need for an appointment as the service can be provided distanced.
  • Visit In-person. NO need to visit the Embassy in-person. All required documents can be sent to the Embassy by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed envelope along with the required documents.
  • A) Travel Permit. The applicant should complete the Travel Permit Letter. It can be downloaded from here.
  • B) Copy of passport. A colour copy of applicant’s passport. The passport should, at least, have 6 months validity;
  • C) Birth Certificate. A colour copy of applicant’s birth certificate;
  • D) Current Residential Address. A colour copy of driver license, utility bill or bank statement confirming the current residential address of the applicant.
  • E) Parent's Consent Letter. Consent letter needs to be completed and signed by parents (mother and father) for travelers under age of 18. Embassy needs colour copies of passports of the parents (mother and father). The consent letter and colour copies of the passports need to be attested by JP (Justice of Peace). The consent letter form can be downloaded from the bottom of this page. If one of the applicant's guardian has passed away or separated, the applicant must attach documents of the child's guardianship from court.  
  • F) Express/Registered Envelope. An Express or Registered self-addressed return envelope should be part of the document package and sent to the Embassy. This envelope will be used to send back the Travel Permit Letter to the applicant. Applicant's from New Zealand can send the required documents via email/courier to the Embassy. 
  • FEE: The fee for Travel Permit is AU$ 100. Paying by EFTPOS costs AU$ 5 surcharges using debit or credit cards. 

* All the above-mentioned document copies need to be attested (attesting the copy as the original only) by the JUSTICE OF PEACE. Unattested documents will not be processed.